Music Blog Post

WALT: To compose and create a rap (with a beat if possible) about bullying.


In music we were learning how to write raps, rhyming couplets, beats and more.


 The process was...

1. We learnt what Hip Hop is made out of.
2. We learnt rap elements
3. We did the mother earth rap and the basketball rap.
4. We did rhyming couplets
5. Bars and melody's
7. Bullying words that rhyme
8. Bullying rap



WALT ·    To compose and create a rap (with beat if possible) about bullying

Hint = Blue = Answer
How did you go about achieving this? I worked on the rap for my SML's and I tried to get all my work done while I was in music so I didn't have to take up other learning time to get it done.
What resources were used to help you? I used the Learner Zone to see what I had to do and find websites that can help me.
Did you go through the process on your own or collaborate with other people? I went through the process sometimes on my own and mostly collaborating. I found it easier to collaborate because we got more ideas with more people.
How did you find the process? The process with interesting because you built up to the rap but learning music things along the way.
What did you enjoy most about the process of creating a rap? I enjoyed picking rhyming couplets and putting the whole rap together because it sounded really cool in the end.

What  might be your next step? My next step is to use different,unique words that no one else will think of in the making of the rap.

Here is our  rap... (Sofia,Vanessa and I)
P.S I have highlighted the rhyming  couplets 

I wake up every morning, not wanting to go to school.
All the kids tease me and think I'm a fool.
Even when things and going wrong
I have to stand up and be strong
People call me lots of names
Even though we are all the same
Hey! Mr. Bully, hear my plea
Just for once set me free
Nobody ever lends a hand
If only someone would take a stand
I always cry, if only someone would hear
Everyday I shed a tear.
Everyday you make me pay
I just want it to go away.


By Holly .V. 






No comments:

Post a Comment