Art Attack - Raewyn Harris Koru Art

WALT create an artist inspired piece of artwork.

Artist: Raewyn Harris

The Year Six Hub have been doing art inspired by the amazing Raewyn Harris. She has made lots of designs which has helped us gain ideas. We started off doing a pencil draft. Then we did another draft with chalk to prepare us for the good copy. We had to draw with chalk because when we dyed it the chalk lines would turn black. We tried to not go over the chalk when we coloured because then we wouldn't be able to see the lines. Here is my unique piece of art. ;)




It was difficult for me to choose the right contrasting colours. I tried to make it as bright as possible, I didn't want any chunks of black. Every single white space on the art work would turn black, so I filled in the white specs. My personal favourite part of my art is the leaf at the right top. Doing this art was very challenging and fun. It was challenging because we started doing art on Monday and I wasn't here on Monday so I had to pencil draft, chalk draft, good copy, colour and dye in 2 days! But I did it and I am proud of what I have done. Raewyn Harris Koru art is definitely something I would do again!

-By Holly V

No comments:

Post a Comment